- adjectiveof or relating to or being the location where something is purchased• Pertains to noun: ↑point
* * *adjective also point-of-sales \\¦ ̷ ̷ ̷ ̷ ˈ ̷ ̷ \: of or relating to the place (as a check-out counter) where an item is purchased
electronic point-of-sale terminals— abbreviation POS
* * */poynt"euhv sayl"/, n., pl. points-of-sale, adj.n.1. the store, dealer, or other retail outlet where an item is sold: from manufacturer to point-of-sale.adj.2. designating or in use at a point-of-sale, cashier's desk, or check-out counter; point-of-purchase.3. (in retailing) of or pertaining to a customer-checkout system that uses automated devices linked to a computer, as a terminal (point-of-sale terminal) that directly transmits sales data as part of a computerized system for accounting and inventory control. Abbr.: P.O.S., POS[1950-55]
* * *pointˈ-of-saleˈ adjectiveOf, relating to, or occurring at the place where a sale is made• • •Main Entry: ↑point
* * *point-of-sale adjective
point-of-sale advertising materialThesaurus: words used to describe shops and their productshyponymMain entry: point of sale
* * *point-of-sale «POYNT uhv SAYL», adjective.of or having to do with a computerized system of recording sales information when a sale is made: »
The records are maintained inside the computer and are continuously updated by the point-of-sale information (John R. Rice).
Useful english dictionary. 2012.